Thursday, November 26, 2015

#1,677: Almond Cheese Spread

I made this recipe to take as an appetizer for Thanksgiving today.  It was super, super simple to make and personally, I think it's good.  It's pretty much a deconstructed cheese ball.  LOL.  Throw it all together in a bowl and mix, and it's a bundle of cheese and nuts.  Yep, I love it.  BUT...the recipe below serves TWO.  So you need to at least quadruple this if you plan to serve it to a group (even a small group).  But all of the ingredients I had/bought were big enough packages that there was plenty of each ingredient leftover to make more.  
I figured I better take a picture of it right away because I'm sure I'll probably forget to take a picture of it arranged on a platter with crackers.  But if not, you may still see an updated photo later.  

Happy Thanksgiving!  

1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (I used Italian blend)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Dash pepper
Dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
1 green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Celery ribs or assorted crackers

In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in green onion and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with celery or crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment