Friday, November 27, 2015

#1,684: Fresh Cranberry Salad

I honestly wasn't sure I was going to like this recipe, but I actually loved it!  It is so fresh and light, but the pecans give it a nice crunch.  I would definitely make this again, and although this isn't the prettiest thing I've ever eaten, it was so simple to throw together in the food processor.  

2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 apple
½ cup canned mandarin oranges or 1 orange (I omitted)
⅓ cup honey, warmed to make pourable (I didn't warm mine and added it to the food processor)
1 cup pecans

Cut up pineapple and apple in large chunks and place in food processor.  Add cranberries and pulse several times until evenly chopped.

Add mandarin oranges and pulse a couple more times. Add pecans and pulse.  Transfer to a bowl.

Pour honey over salad and stir together.

No comments:

Post a Comment