Sunday, November 29, 2015

#1,687: Meatballs with Tangy Cilantro-Chive Sauce


Look at that bright green color!  I wasn't sure I was going to like this as much as I did, but it is quite good.  The lemon is a tiny bit overpowering in this dish, but I ate it, so I must have gotten past that fact pretty quickly.  :)  I don't know if I would serve this to guests, but for me personally, I would eat this again.  

2 pounds ground lamb (I used ground turkey)
¼ cup finely minced green onion (green portions only)
2 teaspoons cardamom (I used cinnamon and nutmeg)
2 teaspoons cumin
 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
zest from 2 lemons ( about 1 tablespoon)
¼ cup chives, roughly chopped (1 small bunch)
1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped and packed (1 bunch)
Juice from ½ lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
½ cup butter or ghee, melted (I used olive oil)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

For the meatballs: Combine the ground meat, green onions, cardamom, cumin, ginger, salt and lemon zest in a medium bowl and mix your hands until well combined. Form into approximately 25-30 meatballs, about 1-1 ½ inches in diameter each. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

While the meatballs bake, prepare the sauce: Combine the chives, cilantro, lemon juice and butter/ghee in a blender or food processor and process until smooth, about 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment