Saturday, November 28, 2015

#1,686: Cranberry Fool

I made a brussel sprout salad to take to my inlaws for Thanksgiving, but I wanted to try something else a little more "Thankgiving-ish" to bring as well.  This recipe looked super simple (and has been on a pinterest board for two years now), so it was time to try it (whether we like it or not!) and remove it.

I asked my kids to come try this and they all very reluctantly gave it a try.  Much to my (and their) surprise, they all loved this.  Each of them had at least seconds during lunch!  So, so simple and really, really good.  


1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped (I used a 8 oz container of lite cool whip)
Additional grated orange peel, optional
Fresh mint, optional


In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange peel and allspice. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with orange peel and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment