Sunday, November 15, 2015

#1,668: Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes

This is a super simple recipe and I honestly thought my family wouldn't really enjoy it and that I'd end up giving it away to co-workers...but they surprised me and really enjoyed it.  I forgot to thaw my potatoes ahead of time, so I cooked this on high instead so that the potatoes would cook.  You would never know I forgot to thaw them!  This would be an easy recipe to adapt to your taste and add ingredients as you like (ie bacon, jalapeno, different cheese, etc.). 

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in hash browns and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender, sprinkling with remaining cheese during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment