Sunday, November 29, 2015

#1,688: Sour Cream Coffee Cake

This recipe has been posted on one of my pinterest boards forever!  I made this for the kids to eat for breakfast, and they all loved it.  I had to cut them off at seconds.  Then I went upstairs to take a nap and when I came down Brian asked what I put in it to make it so addicting.  :)  Brian and the kids totally devoured this yumminess.  I'd say I would definitely make this again!

2 cups flour (I used 1 c whole wheat, and 1 c all purpose)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup chopped Pecans (I omitted)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350°F.
Stir flour, baking powder and baking soda until blended. Beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream.

Combine nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon; spoon half into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan; top with half the cake batter. Repeat layers.

Bake 45 to 50 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 10 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment