Sunday, November 15, 2015

#1,665: Pizza crescent bake

I got this recipe several years ago from my friend Jenny and I've made it once before.  I made it (pre-blog) and filed this away.  As I was cleaning out one of my cabinets I came across it again and realized I never made or posted it for the blog.  So I figured I'd make it again and rate it here.  

When we first got married I made a similiar recipe called "noodle-less lasagna"...it was so bad we actually had to go out for dinner.  So whenever I make something like this Brian reminds me of that meal.  Thankfully this one turned out very well and the kids (and hubby) loved it.  It's super simple and you can make the filling ahead of time so it's easy to get into the oven on a busy weeknight.  

2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
I also added some sautéed ontions, minced garlic and Italian seasoning to the meat mixture this to give it more flavor.

Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll one tube of crescent dough; place in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Press to seal perforations.

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over dough. Top with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheeses.

On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment