Saturday, October 11, 2014

#1,355: Cucumber and Red Onion Salad (Paleo friendly)

I need to thank my friend Mary for this recipe!  She shared it with me after I posted another recipe last week that was for Marinated Tomatoes and Cucumbers, and although I loved it, I had wished it was without the tomatoes.  Mary came to the rescue and suggested I try this non-tomato recipe next!  I was happy to oblige.  :)   Needless to say, I loved this recipe.  I ate it for lunch several days and it kept great in my fridge (an in my mason jar).  The only thing I would do differently next time would be to dice the red onion much smaller.  It was a tad overpowering for my tastes, but that was b/c of the way I cut it, not the recipe itself.  Thanks for sharing this one with me Mary!!

1 English cucumber, cut into quarters and chopped
1/4 red onion, thinly slivered
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of white sugar (I omitted)
1 teaspoon dried dill
Sprinkle of garlic powder
2 large pinches of kosher salt
5-6 grinds black pepper


In a large bowl add the cucumbers and red onion.  In another small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients.  Pour over the cucumbers and red onions.  Let it sit for at least 15 minutes prior to serving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment