Saturday, October 11, 2014

#1,358: Radish and Green Bean Salad


This recipe was supposed to go along with the Marinated Grilled Pork Chops I posted a little while ago, but we got busy that night and I never made the green beans to go with it.  I didn't want the radishes to go bad though, so I decided to make it tonight as a side dish for my leftover pork chops.

I threw the diced radishes into the dressing to marinate while the green beans were cooking.  I loved this dish, and the radishes gave it a nice bite, but wasn't too strong.  I would definitely make this again!




1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1/4 cup plus
salt and black pepper
1 pound green beans, trimmed
1 small bunch radishes, cut into wedges

Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.

Steam the green beans in ½ inch water until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes; drain. Toss the green beans, radishes, the vinegar/mustard/olive oil mixture, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment