Saturday, October 11, 2014

#1,356: Paleo Meatball and Cabbage Skillet

I had a severe love-hate relationship with this recipe.  On one hand, it was so good, I couldn't get enough of it.  I was surprised how much I loved this, and may have omitted a few notes of "OOOOH this is SO good" as I was eating it.  However, cabbage did not agree with my stomach and I was so bloated for about a full 24 hours.  I may not make this again because of that...nah, I'll make this again.  However, this truly was the easiest recipe and SO tasty.  I had found a similar recipe that I had intended to try, but was missing some ingredients, so I adapted it and made it easier (in my opinion).  :)  

This makes one really big serving.

4-5 cooked meatballs, chopped into small pieces
1/4 onion, chopped
3 cups of coleslaw mix
1 tsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
½ c or more spaghetti sauce
salt and pepper, to taste

In a sautee pan, melt the butter over medium heat.  Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5-6 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.  Next, add the coleslaw mix, chopped meatballs, diced tomatoes (undrained), and spaghetti sauce.  Stir to combine.  Add more sauce if desired.  Season with salt and pepper.

Cover and simmer about 12-15 minutes or until the cabbage is soft/your desired texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment