Friday, October 3, 2014

#1,350: Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders

This recipe was so easy to make since I just threw the sauce mixture together with some leftover shredded rotisserie chicken.  It would be good cooking all day with chicken breasts as well, but I figured I would use up what I had.  Although my family enjoyed this recipe, there is WAY too much liquid for our liking and this is a super thin sauce.  I only used about 6 oz of liquid (chicken broth instead of beer), but next time I'll use even less.  We like our chicken sitting in a thicker sauce. 

1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 bottle (12 oz) Samuel Adams Boston lager (I used chicken broth)
2 pounds  boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used leftover shredded rotisserie chicken)
2 pkg (12 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (such as Pillsbury Grands! Jr), baked according to pkg directions (I used small dinner rolls)
60 bread-and-butter pickle slices (I omitted)

Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Add ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika. Whisk until smooth; whisk in beer.

Add chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Remove chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and stir to coat chicken with sauce. (Since my chicken was already cooked I cooked it on high for about 2 hours only). 


To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup chicken on each biscuit and top with 3 pickle slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment