Sunday, October 5, 2014

#1,353: Asian Cabbage Salad

This recipe is SO easy and I had everything prepped and chopped ahead of time, so I literally just had to throw it in a bowl and mix it together just before we ate dinner.  The recipe below serves one so adjust your measurements accordingly.  I don't know if my dinner guests enjoyed this, but I sure did! I loved the slight nuttiness from the sesame oil.  I ate this with grilled chicken...it was a perfect FoodFuels dinner! 


3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp. fresh ginger 
2 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/2 head Napa or Savoy Cabbage (I used bagged coleslaw mix)
1 carrot, shredded
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 green onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
Himalayan Salt to taste


Mix the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.  Toss with remaining ingredients and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.  Serves 1.

2 comments:

  1. Bragg is just a brand. Bragg liquid aminos are often found in the organic food section w/the condiments/vinegars

    ReplyDelete