Sunday, October 12, 2014

#1,362: Paleo Beef and Veggie Chili

Yum, yum, yum!  This is so good...and my version is SO hot.  I am not a fan of heat and got a medium salsa at the store (the fresh kind I wanted didn't have any left in mild) so mine is HOT (to me...I'm sure it's still not hot to most of you!).  It is so good though.  I had to eat mine over some roasted broccoli to help cut the heat, but it was still fantastic.  What a great recipe to make to use up any leftover veggies!

1 pound ground beef and/or stew meat (I used ground turkey)
½ onion, chopped
2 t minced garlic
14 oz diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
4 tablespoons chili powder (I used 1 packet of Mrs. Dash chili seasoning)
2 cans pinto beans (I omitted the beans and used at least 2 cups of chopped veggies: mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers and spinach)
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tsp lime juice


In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least a 30 minutes to an 1 hour (or until stew meat is tender, if using). Top with any desired toppings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment