Sunday, October 5, 2014

#1,352: Seasoned Roasted Potatoes

We had our neighbors over for dinner the other night and I grabbed my camera to take pictures...they thought I was weird.  I am weird!  Who takes pictures of their food they make.  LOL  I was not offended by their reaction though!  It's normal.  Ha!

This was a great make-slightly-ahead-of-time recipe and I will definitely be making these again for my family or for company.  This would even be really, really good cut into wedges and then broiled to give it a more crispy texture.  Oohh... I think I'm going to do that next time!!


I cooked these in the microwave a few hours before my guests arrived, cut them in half, sliced the little squares into the flesh and placed on a parchment linked baking sheet.  Then I spread some softened butter, seasoned salt and parmesan cheese on top, covered it with foil and placed in the fridge.  When dinner was almost ready, I popped these into the oven for about 15 minutes to finish baking and heat through.  It was so simple.  My family LOVED these, even Chloe who is not a potato fan.  Two thumbs up from our family!!

The recipe below is for ONE serving, but obviously just use more of all of the ingredients.  LOL  So simple to make for a crowd.


1 Russet potato
butter
Lawry's seasoning salt
grated Parmesan cheese

Wash and pierce the potato all over with a fork. Cook in the microwave until the potato is soft all the way through – about 6-7 minutes total, flipping halfway through.

Cut the potato in half, then cut each half into squares. Don’t cut all the way through, just down to the skin.


Season with butter, Parmesan cheese and Lowry’s seasoned salt, then place on a baking sheet under the broiler for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment