Thursday, October 2, 2014

#1,349: Skillet Chili with Kale and Spinach (Paleo)

Oh my goodness, I am in love with this recipe.  It is SO good I literally can't stop eating it.  I'll admit I don't love the coriander in it, but I think that's because mine isn't ground very well so it sometimes gets a little overpowering.  But I've been eating this for a few days for lunch AND dinner, and I'm making another batch this weekend.  I added some diced tomatoes and bell pepper to bulk up the veggies, but next time I'm adding in even more kale and spinach.

I served this over spinach leaves so it was such a healthy meal!!



1 pound of ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 big bunch of fresh kale
1 big bunch of fresh spinach
1 sweet yellow onion, diced
Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Coconut oil
2 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa 
1 tsp Chili powder 
1 tsp Ground cumin 
1 tsp Ground coriander 
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Salt
2 bell peppers, diced
1 can of organic diced tomatoes


Directions: Rinse kale and spinach and cut into bite-size pieces. 

Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to skillet and cook until soft, stirring occasionally. Add ground beef and stir mix and break into small pieces. Add spices (I also added the bell peppers and can of diced tomatoes) and stir to combine. 

Add a generous splash of balsamic vinegar to add quick depth to the chili. After the meat is completely browned, add as much kale and spinach to the skillet as you can and stir until it wilts. Keep adding kale and spinach until all of it wilts in with the chili (to your desired amount). Taste the mixture and add spices as needed to achieve the taste you like. (I personally added more chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder). 

No comments:

Post a Comment