Sunday, October 19, 2014

#1,368: Lemon-Pepper Roasted Broccoli


I am always looking for easy, new ways to make my vegetables.  This lemon-pepper broccoli recipe was so simple, especially since I used the pre-cut, pre-washed broccoli florets.  All I had to do was cut the ends off the stems and throw it all in a Ziploc bag to mix/combine.  Delicious...that's what this recipe was!  I loved it!  I will definitely be making this one again!!

1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli florets (about 12 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
1/4 cup chopped almonds
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel


Preheat oven to 450°. Place broccoli in a large bowl. Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 10-15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds, lemon peel and remaining pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment