Sunday, October 19, 2014

#1,369: Savory Biscuit-Breadsticks


Now these are breadsticks that are SO easy to make and serve at a family gathering, or just for you family/kids for dinner.  I even partially made these ahead of time, so I just had to throw them in the oven about 10 minutes before dinner was ready.  I will definitely be making these again.  I doubled the recipe and made 20 breadsticks for 6 people, and they were all gone at the end of our dinner.  These were a hug hit with my family.

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400°.

Make-ahead tip: I did all of this about 4 hours before dinner, place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, covered with foil, and placed it back in the fridge.  I put 20 breadsticks (2 tubes of biscuits) on one cookie sheet. 

In a shallow bowl, mix cheese, garlic and pepper flakes. Roll each biscuit into a 6-in. rope. Brush lightly with oil; roll in cheese mixture (I just sprinkled it on top). Place on a greased baking sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment