Saturday, October 25, 2014

#1,355: Crockpot Brussel Sprouts


My good friend Lora gave me some homegrown brussel sprouts from her garden.  Lately, we've been SO busy that I'm really only in the mood to use my crockpot to get meals going/done faster (read: less time in the kitchen for me).  So I found this recipe as was so nervous to try it.  I really only like my brussel sprouts roasted and slightly overcooked.  I was so afraid the crockpot would turn these to mush!  Happily, they definitely did not turn to mush.  They were cooked perfectly for me, but they didn't have a ton of flavor.  I think I'd have to add a little more Dijon mustard next time.  Would I make these again, yes.  Would I be so happy to eat them that I'd make them again tomorrow?  Probably not.  

1 pound brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup water

The Directions.

Use a 2-quart slow cooker. Wash and trim the ends off of each Brussels sprout, and cut in half. Toss into the cooker. Add butter, mustard, salt, pepper, and water. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or on high for 2 to 3. Stir well to distribute the sauce before serving. The sprouts on the edge get brown and bit crispy on the outer edge. This is a good, and not something to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment