Saturday, October 11, 2014

#1,357: Blueberries with Whipped Ricotta and Balsamic Syrup (WW+ pts included)

Well, I honestly thought my kids would enjoy this recipe that I found in Weight Watchers Magazine.  However, they HATED it!  I can't eat it because I'm not eating dairy right now, but I took one bite so I could at least give my honest opinion on it...and I LOVED it.  It killed me not to finish their dishes!  :(  This is fantastic...but I love ricotta cheese.  If you aren't a ricotta fan, you'll probably not like this one either, but oh goodness give this a try.  


Ingredients: serves 4
WW+ pts: 3

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
2 tsp grated orange zest
2 pints blueberries
Orange zest strips (to top, so this is optional)

Bring the vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; boil until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool about ten minutes.

Meanwhile, puree the ricotta in a mini or regular food processor. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in orange zest.


Divide the blueberries evenly among 4 dessert dishes; top evenly with the ricotta mixture. Drizzle evenly with the vinegar and sprinkle with the zest strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment