Saturday, October 25, 2014

#1,353: Beefy Mexi-Cauli Rice


Minus the carrots, this is what the original recipe is supposed to look like.  Personally I thought it was a little bland, so I added some crushed tomatoes and about 1/2 of a packet of Mrs. Dash Salt Free Chili Seasoning to it.  I think it make it much better!

This (above) is a picture of my doctored up version.  It was much better.  Although I didn't add it this time, I think some added avocado and sour cream would be a delicious topping!
1 Small Head of Cauliflower (grated with a box grater)
6 oz. cooked Ground Beef (I used 3/4 lb ground turkey)
1 Small Can of Chopped Tomatoes with Garlic & Onion (drained)
1 Heaping Tbsp. Chili Powder
Garlic Salt to Taste
1/2 Medium Avocado
Dollop of Dairy-Free Sour Cream

I ended up adding 1 small can of crushed tomatoes and about 1/2 of a packet of Mrs. Dash Salt Free Chili Seasoning

After cooking the ground beef in a pan, add grated cauliflower, tomatoes, chili powder and garlic salt.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes allowing flavors to meld.  Top with avocado & sour cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment