Sunday, October 12, 2014

#1,364: 15 Minute Lasagna

 The original recipe where I found this, was able to break their noodles into nice, even-sized pieces.  Mine did not break that way!  I even tried cutting them with a sharp knife...I had little lasagna noodles pieces everywhere!  This was so easy to make and my family loved it.  I wouldn't say this is a 15 minute recipe b/c it takes about that long just to cook the meat.  However, if you precook your meat, THEN it would be a super fast meal to get on the table after work or for your family.  I would definitely make this again, and my crew enjoyed it a lot! 


1/2 lb lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 cup diced onion
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lb pork breakfast sausage
8 oz (about 10) lasagna noodles, broken into 1/4ths
1 (10 oz) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes)
1 cup tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon each
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 oz fresh mozzarella pearls (I omitted)


In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, pork sausage and onion over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until browned. Drain excess grease. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for one minute until fragrant.

Add the uncooked lasagna pieces, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water over the skillet. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.


Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over medium to medium-low heat. Shake the skillet occasionally to evenly distribute the noodles as they soften. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. I skipped this last step:Top with mozzarella pearls and broil for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment