Sunday, October 5, 2014

#1,351: Marinated Tomatoes And Cucumbers

This is a terrible photo.  The lighting in awful, but you get the gist.  This was such a simple recipe and I used cucumbers and tomatoes from my garden.  I LOVED this recipe.  It was SO good and I even loved it dumped on top of some shredded coleslaw mix and pretty much ate it as a salad.  The tomatoes got soft (as expected) so next time I might just do an English cucumber and red onion, since my tomatoes are pretty much about done from my garden.  However next summer, this is going to be a staple in my fridge! 

1 tomato, diced (I used cherry tomatoes, quartered)
1 cucumber, diced
1 onion, diced (I used a red onion)

1 tbsp dill
1/2 c vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp honey (omit for paleo)
2 tbsp olive oil

In the mason jar (which by the photo above you can tell I did NOT do this) layer half of the tomatoes, half of the onion and half of the cucumber.  Then add another layer with the rest of the tomatoes, onion and cucumbers.

In a small bowl mix the dill, vinegar, honey and olive oil.  Pour into the mason jar and over the veggies.  Place the top on the jar and turn upside down to lightly mix it all together.  Refrigerate for 2 or more hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment