Sunday, August 10, 2014

#1,311: Grilled Sweet Balsamic Steak Bundles

My weightloss/life changing coach does not like me eating much pork or beef.  Typically I try to stay away from it.  I hadn't intended to eat much of this recipe, but once I took a bite of one, I couldn't stop eating these.  Holy cow were these good!  My text to my coach at the end of the night also noted "even if I don't lose tomorrow, this meal was worth it!"  I don't think he liked that one.  It sure was good though!  


Sweet Balsamic Marinade
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground

Combine all the ingredients in a large Ziploc bag with your meat and or veggies. Allow to marinade for several hours in the refrigerator before grilling. While grilling, brush the marinade over the meat and or veggies for extra flavor.

For Bundles:
Thin Slices of Steak (Flat Iron or Flank recommended)
Toothpicks
1/2 Red, Yellow, Green Pepper, cut into thin strips
12-13 Asparagus Spears, cut into thirds.

Begin by marinating your steak in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours (or even overnight) in Sweet Balsamic Marinade in a large Ziploc bag.

When you are ready to cook, remove the steak from the marinade and cut into slices large enough to wrap around your veggies.

Lay each slice of steak out on your cutting board, place your veggies in the middle, wrap the steak around the veggies, and then secure with a toothpick.

Preheat your grill and spray grill rack with non-stick spray. Place all steak bundles on the grill and rotate to cook evenly. Remove when cooked thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment