Sunday, August 10, 2014

#1,306: Slow Cooker Lasagna Rolls


This recipe was so easy to make, and honestly the worst/hardest part was pre-boiling the noodles (I usually by the no-boil kind).  This recipe does not make this a meat filling, but next time I will probably add some cooked ground turkey to make this even more lasagna-y, rather than just a cheese lasagna.  My family really enjoyed this one!

The recipe calls for 12-13 noodles, which I cooked, but then you cut them in half.  I got about 16 roll-ups out of the filling so I had extra cooked noodles.  Of course I couldn't throw them away, so I whipped up another batch of the filling and made and 8x8 pan of lasagna to throw in the freezer.

Also, I under cooked the noodles a little bit since I knew it would continue cooking in the crockpot.  I think that was a good idea.

Yep, I will definitely make this one again.  


12-13 lasagna noodles (Since you cut these in half this makes a lot)
15 oz container ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs
Italian seasoning grinder
1 cup shredded cheese
2 jars of spaghetti sauce (I only used about 1 1/4 jars)

Cook 12-13 lasagna noodles (depending on what size your Crock Pot is) according to the instructions on the box.

Mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, shredded cheese and parmesan.
Pour one jar of spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker and turn on low. (I did not need that much on the bottom.  I only used about 1/3 - 1/2 a jar)

Lay the lasagna noodles on a cutting board a couple at a time. Spread 2 ½ to 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.

Roll up the lasagna noodles and carefully cut them in half.  Place the lasagna rolls in the sauce in the slow cooker. Continue until the slow cooker is full.  Top with 1 cup shredded cheese.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Most of the sauce is soaked up while cooking so serve with more spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment