Sunday, August 31, 2014

#1,327: Sun-dried Tomato Tuna Salad

I made a few changes to this recipe because I don't really love eggs in my tuna and I omitted the yogurt.  Overall though, I really loved this tuna recipe and enjoyed it eaten in lettuce cups.  This would be great on top of a veggie salad too...or on bread (which I'm not eating).  I loved the sweet and saltiness of the sun-dried tomatoes.  I will definitely be making this recipe again!

1 hard-boiled egg, yolk only (I omitted)
1 tsp vinegar
1.5 tbsp plain yogurt  (I omitted)
1 (5 oz.) can tuna
tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (I used 2-3 tbsp)
tbsp fresh chopped basil
I also added some diced orange peppers and red onion
Lettuce leaves/cups or bread

In a medium bowl, mash egg yolk. Stir in tuna, vinegar, and yogurt.  Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and basil.  Mix in tuna and serve as desired (in lettuce cups, in hard boiled egg white halves, on bread/crackers, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment