Sunday, August 24, 2014

#1,317: Nutella Banana Popsicles

We may be back in school and technically summer is over for us, but that didn't stop me from trying to squeeze in another summer bucket list item!  (Summer isn't officially over yet for a few more weeks, so this counts right?!).  I made Nutella Banana popsicles for 2 of my kids, and a Peanut butter banana popsicle for Allison who has a tree nut allergy.

The kids LOVED these, and I loved that I got a protein and dairy into them all the while they were thinking they were having dessert.  


These are so easy to make, but the original recipe suggest swirling the ingredients together...that's one more step that I don't think is needed.  So I threw everything into a blender and combined it all.  The kids really loved these so we will definitely be making these again!


Four 5.3-6 oz containers Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I thought this was A LOT of yogurt, so I used about 1 cup total)
1 overripe banana, mashed (1 used 2 bananas)
½ c chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella)

In a small bowl, combine two of the containers of Greek yogurt and the mashed banana, and stir until thoroughly incorporated.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining two containers of Greek yogurt and the chocolate hazelnut spread, and stir until thoroughly incorporated.

Fill popsicle molds or small paper or plastic cups by layering the two yogurt mixtures (swirl with a knife, skewer or chopstick, if desired), or, to create swirls, place alternating large dollops of the yogurt mixtures in a large plastic storage bag, cut off the corner for about a ½-3/4 inch opening, and pipe into the molds or cups.


Insert sticks and place in freezer several hours, until frozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment