Sunday, August 31, 2014

#1,328: Ginger-Garlic Roasted Chicken

I was honestly a little scared that my family (especially my husband) would not like this recipe.  The idea of serving him chicken that was marinated/coated in yogurt would make him not even attempt to eat this chicken.  So I did what any sneak chef would do....I didn't tell him!  I was sure he was going to catch on and ask what was up with this chicken but he didn't.  And shockingly, we all really enjoyed this dinner!  Even I did, and I'm a super picky chicken eater!  It was a tad sweet/tangy from the Greek yogurt, but it was so moist.  I loved it!  

4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves (I used boneless)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Heat oven to 425ºF. Coat large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Using kitchen shears, trim back and rib bones attached to chicken. Combine all remaining chicken ingredients in large bowl. Add chicken, turning to coat. (Chicken can be made to this point 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)

Remove chicken from yogurt mixture; place on baking sheet. Discard remaining yogurt mixture.  Bake 30-50 minutes or until chicken is brown and no longer pink in center.  If you use boneless/skinless breasts like I did, 30 minutes was plenty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment