Friday, August 29, 2014

#1,320: Easy Garlic Green Beans


This was such an easy, delicious recipe that I ate for dinner tonight.  I will definitely be making this one again...and again! I loved that I could cook this one up so quickly.  

1 lb. fresh green beans 
2 T peanut oil (I used about 1 tbsp of olive oil)
2 T chopped garlic
1/2 large yellow onion, cut into slivers 
1/4 tsp. salt
1 T water (plus a bit more if you check and the pan seems dry)
2 T oyster sauce (I omitted)

Trim both ends of green beans, and cut nto 2 inch lengths.

Heat the wok or a heavy frying pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes, until it's too hot to hold your hand over it.  Add the oil and heat about 30 seconds more, then add the garlic and onion slivers and cook for 20-30 seconds, stirring the whole time.

Add beans and salt and cook about 2 minutes, stirring several times. Then add water, cover wok, and let beans steam for 5 minutes. 

Uncover the pan and add oyster sauce, then cook 2 minutes more, stirring so all the beans are uniformly covered with the sauce. Beans should still be slightly crisp when they're done. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment