Friday, August 8, 2014

#1,301: Yum Yum Chicken

I hate when I make a recipe with a stupid name.  This is one of those recipes because I'll never remember this recipe since I can't find it without the tag "yum yum."  Although the name is forgettable, this is a recipe I will be making for my family again.  I wasn't sure they were going to enjoy this one because of the "creamy" mixture in the middle, but they loved it.  Allison had thirds of this recipe I think and Brian wanted me to save the leftovers for lunch the next day (always a very good sign).  I used a rotisserie chicken and chopped up the meat ahead of time.  Then I froze the chicken until we were ready to make this recipe (I defrosted it over night in the fridge).  This is such an easy, prep ahead of time meal (at least the chicken part) and then whip together the night you are ready to make it.  

1 to 1 ½ lb. chicken, cooked and cut up (I shredded one rotisserie chicken)
8oz sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Celery soup
1 box Cornbread stuffing, uncooked (Stove Top)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 stick melted butter

Preheat oven to 350.

In 9x13 baking dish, lay chicken in the bottom of the dish.  In separate bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup and sour cream. Spread over the chicken.

Sprinkle the uncooked stuffing over the soup mixture, (note: if herb packet is not mixed with stuffing mixture, top stuffing with herb packet).  Mix together the broth and the melted butter and pour evenly over all.

Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment