Saturday, August 30, 2014

#1,321: Bacon Roasted Green Beans

There isn't actually any bacon in this recipe.  I know, the name is a little deceiving.  BUT, it does use bacon fat...so it's kind of true.  I happened to be making bacon for another recipe so I happily saved some of the grease to use with the green beans in this recipe.  Although I totally loved these green beans, it really didn't give it much of a bacon flavor, so if I don't have any bacon fat/grease on hand (which I never do), I'll just use some olive oil instead.  The only thing I will also do differently with this recipe next time is to add a little bit of sliced onion and some garlic.

Now if you really want to make these unhealthy but SO good, go ahead and use some of that bacon you were frying up in the first place and add some crumbled on top. Now that would have made for an even better side dish!  ;) 



1 lb Green Beans, end trimmed
2 Tbsp Bacon Fat (melted, slightly cooled)
Sea Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Preheat your oven to 425F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.

Make sure that your green beans are washed and completely dry. Place them on the parchment-covered baking pan.

Pour the bacon fat over the green beans and add your salt and pepper.

Using your hands, mix everything so that all the green beans are evenly coated. Arrange in a single layer on the pan.


Roast in the oven on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment