Friday, August 29, 2014

#1,319: Calzone Dip


Of all of the meals I've made for my family, THIS is apparently the one that they liked the best.  My kids RAVED about this super simple meal.  It's almost embarasing how simple this recipe is.  My kids told me it was so good, I should enter Master Chef.  Uh, yeah right.  Bwahahah.  This would make for a good appetizer, but it was also a great dinner when paired with some yogurt and fruit...I guess! 

2 12" Boboli® Original Pizza Crusts
2 5-oz. pkgs. Boboli® Pizza Sauce
1 15-oz. container ricotta cheese (I used about half of this)
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded (I omitted)
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
20–25 slices pepperoni, roughly chopped
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
1/2 tsp. black pepper


Preheat oven to 450° F.


(I didn't layer this as suggested in the next step, I just mixed it altogether): In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 pouch of pizza sauce, Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan, pepperoni slices, red pepper and black pepper until well blended. Transfer the mixture to a small, shallow baking dish; top with remaining sauce pouch, spreading evenly; and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake alongside the crusts for 10 – 12 minutes until dip is bubbly and crusts are crisp. Cut crusts into 1"x 4" strips and serve alongside dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment