Sunday, August 24, 2014

#1,313: Balsamic Green Bean Salad

I have a huge love/hate relationship with fresh green beans.  I think I'm probably just bad at cooking/steaming them because one meal I love them and the next I end up throwing the whole batch out.  So I was super leery about making this recipe.  The picture really doesn't do it justice, it was SO good.  This called for crumbled feta on top, which I would have absolutely loved, but am not eating at this time.  Feta would be great to give it that salty/creamy texture and flavor.  But, I practically licked the bowl clean with this one.  The fresh green beans, tomatoes (from my garden) and red onion with the balsamic dressing were to die for.  I can't wait to eat this for lunch tomorrow!  


1 lb. green beans
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1/2 small red onion, diced
Feta cheese (I omitted)

{For the dressing}
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt/pepper


Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.

Trim ends off green beans and rinse. Steam (or boil) for about 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. In a colander, rinse well with cold water to stop cooking, then pat dry. Cut green beans into 1 to 2 inch pieces.

Place onion and green beans in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate.  When ready to serve, add in tomatoes and feta and lightly toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment