Monday, September 10, 2012

Product Review: Unreal Candy



Thanks to a recent Bzzagent Kit, I had the opportunity to try out some of the new Unreal Candy and candy bars. 

I bought and tried 3 of the Unreal Candies including: Unreal 8 (Chocolate Caramel Peanut Nougat Bar), Unreal 77 (peanut butter cups) and Unreal 41 (candy coated chocolates).


I have no idea why these are named with Unreal numbers. Personally, that's kind of weird.  I don't see myself telling Brian to "run to the store and get me an Unreal 77."  With that said, that's not going to stop me from buying these again.  These are really, really good.

Here's what I love about these candies: I can read AND PRONOUNCE every item on the ingredients list!  The Unreal Candy line are "unjunked" and have no artificals, no hydrogenated oils, no corn syrup, no preservatives and no GMOs.  In fact, the most complicated ingredient (at least in terms of trying to pronounce it) is soy lecithin. 

As I eat (and enjoy) these, they definitely don't taste as sweet as their other candy counterparts.  I don't mind that though.  I feel like I'm indulging in a sweet treat, but it's not a sugar overload.  I'm actually able to slowly enjoy this instead of inhaling the candy like I normally do. 

My favorite was by far the Chocolate Caramel Peanut Nougat Bar.  It had just the right mix of caramel and peanuts.  I also loved the candy coated chocolates but the colors are so different and unexpected.  You expect them to be the basic candy colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, brown), but these are funky shades and even purple.  I loved it.  Mr. Picky wouldn't even try them because of the color differences.  I wasn't going to argue with him though, as that left more for me! 

I can't wait to try the other 2 flavors!  If you are searching for these, I was able to find mine at Kroger but be on the look out for them, as mine were on an end cap and not with the other candy. 

If you've tried it, let me know which ones you tried and what you think of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment