Monday, September 10, 2012

#665: Cantaloupe Banana Smoothie


I randomly stumbled across this recipe one day and since I have some left over yogurt and cantaloupe in the fridge, I figured we'd give it a try!  Allison tells me all the time how much she does not like cantaloupe, so when I made this I didn't tell her what was in it.  Not only did she like this smoothie, she finished hers, mine AND what was left of Chloe's!!  This was really good and refreshing.  I would consider this a filling smoothie, but a great way to get in your fruits for the day!

1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate (I used Sunny-D)
2 cups cubed cantaloupe
1 large firm banana, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen (mine was not frozen)
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder (I used skim)
2 teaspoons honey

In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Cover and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment