Monday, September 10, 2012

#663: Hamburger Rice Skillet


This recipe was a last minute, I've-got-to-get-dinner-on-the-table-fast meal.  I had already ground the beef and was hoping to use it to make goulash but realized I didn't have any tomato soup, the noodles still weren't cooked and my family was looking at me hungrily!  So I pulled out my Taste of Home Ultimate Ground Beef Cookbook and started scanning recipes for ideas. 

I decided to make
this recipe since it was so fast to make and needed minimal ingredients.  Overall we liked this dinner, however it was absolutely nothing special.  Would I make it again, yes.  Would I be excited to be making this again, no.   

1 pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)
3 cups water
2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (I used 1/2 bag of frozen mixed vegetables instead)
1 celery rib, chopped (I omitted)
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 cups uncooked instant rice

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, (in my case mixed vegetables) carrots, celery and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Return to a boil. Add rice; cover. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment