Sunday, September 23, 2012

#667: Yellow Fruit Salad


This would be the perfect recipe to make during winter when you just can't wait any longer for spring to come, or in the dead of summer when all of these fruits are super ripe!

I made this recipe for my weekly lunch date with some of my co-workers.  I made a slight change as it called for lemon pieces in this salad and I just don't love lemons that much enough to eat them in wedges.  So I substituted starfruit instead.  Next time I might omit the star fruit and try another yellow fruit or just something different altogether (peaches?).

I loved this.  I ate it for three days and it was just as good each time.  Definitely a keeper!!

1 pineapple, skin removed, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 Meyer lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced, seeds removed, plus 1 tablespoon fresh juice (I used a starfruit instead, but I did still put a little lemon juice on top of the fruit)
1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes

Combine fruit and lemon juice in a bowl. Top with coconut flakes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment