Sunday, September 9, 2012

#662: Cheery Cherry Detox Smoothie

The first picture is a shot of the original recipe.  The second green smoothie is mine.  What's wrong with this?!  How can I follow a recipe and they turn out SO differently?  Personally I'd rather drink the first one.  It looks so much prettier. 
I was dying to try this recipe since I had some frozen cherries in my freezer.  AND it uses kale...always trying to sneak kale into the girls meals!  If only I could con Brian into drinking this.  NEVER going to happen.

Regardless, we did enjoy this smoothie.  It was healthy and got some fruits and veggies into our meal.  I'd make this again...but I want it to look like the first photo!  :(
Apparently this smoothie helps eliminate toxins from your body.  That's not confirmed...so no promises here! 

This recipe makes 4 cups.
1 cup frozen cherries
handful of fresh kale
1 cup non-dairy milk (I used skim)
2 cups water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
Liquid vanilla stevia to taste
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on high until super smooth.

If you like your smoothies cold and frosty throw in a few ice cubes at the end and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment