Saturday, September 29, 2012

#684: Healthy Pumpkin Cupcakes


It is fall, so that means one thing....PUMPKIN recipes!  Yeah!!  We were talking at work one day about healthy cupcake/muffins that use canned pumpkin instead of eggs and oil.  So when I came across this one I decide to make it right away.

Oh my goodness, are these good.  GOOD.  And since there isn't any egg in the batter, it was very hard not to eat the raw batter/dough before it actually cooked.  Yes, it is that good.  Or at least I think so!


1 boxed chocolate cake mix (I used spiced cake mix)
15 oz can of pumpkin puree
6 ounces of chocolate chips (I was looking for cinnamon chips but couldn't find them...chocolate is the next best thing)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together cake mix and canned pumpkin. Use a mixer and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add in chocolate chips.
Put in a muffin tin with liners. Batter is dense and does not rise much so these can be filled to the top. Bake for 22-25 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment