Saturday, September 29, 2012

#683: Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes


So my mom was coming to visit and I wanted to make lunch for us all but wanted it to be crockpot ready meals.  So when Chloe woke me up at 4 am (to climb into bed with us) I got up and finished these potatoes and turned them on so they would be ready for us at lunch. 

This recipe says that it should cook for 10-12 hours, but these would be mush if you left it cook that long.  Mine cooked for about 8 1/2 hours and they were perfectly cooked. I also cut my potatoes into fairly large chunks, so if you cut these into thin slices it would cook even faster.

1/4 pound bacon, diced (I put it in uncooked but if you cook it first if might be a bit crispier)

2 medium onions, thinly sliced
4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
butter
Green Onions (I forgot to add these!)
 
Line the crockpot with a crockpot liner (it will save you so much time cleaning up when done!)  Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste and dot with butter.  Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.  Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment