Monday, September 10, 2012

#664: Low fat Zucchini Brownies


I made these and just asked the girls if they wanted to try a brownie.  Of course they were more than willing participants and the only thing Allison asked about them was, "Do these have bananas in it?"  I told her it did, but refrained from letting her know what the other fruits/veggies were.  If she would have heard the word zucchini, she would have immediately changed her mind about liking these.  So I'll let her think it just has banana in it.  That's fine with me!

These are definitely more cake like rather than typical fudgey brownies, but they are oh-so good!  I will be making these again and again and again!

1/2 cup applesauce
2
 small or medium bananas mashed
1
 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1 c)

2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup walnut pieces (I used just a handful)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar. Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together. Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together. Add flour and walnuts and mix together. Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment