Friday, July 6, 2012

#594: Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole

This hash brown casserole got slightly mixed reviews (mainly from my sister) however, I LOVED it.  This was delicious.  There was very little leftover after dinner too!  My sister thought it would be better w/out the bacon, I definitely disagreed!  (But if you read this blog ever, you will obviously notice that I love bacon). 

4 slices Bacon, chopped (I used real bacon bits)
1 onion, chopped (I omitted)
1 red pepper, chopped(I omitted)
1 pkg. (30 oz.) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
1 cup Light Sour Cream
1-1/4 cups Shredded Colby & Monterrey Jack Cheeses, divided (I used a Mexican cheese blend)

Heat oven to 375ºF.  Cook bacon, onions and peppers in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 min. or just until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Transfer to large bowl.

Add hash browns, soup, sour cream and 1 cup cheese; mix lightly. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish; top with remaining cheese.  Bake
40 to 45 min. or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment