Wednesday, July 18, 2012

#619: Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe


I love frozen coffee drinks.  I haven't had one in a VERY long time because of being pregnant and nursing Matthew.  But when I found this recipe on my friend Cheryl's pinterest board I couldn't resist running to the store for some decaf coffee and taking my chance that it wouldn't keep Matthew awake for hours because I drank it. 

Here's the downfall to this recipe: you have to freeze the coffee before making it.  That's too long to wait when you really want to drink this.  (I'm currently freezing 2 in my freezer right now)


Besides having to wait to drink this though, this is FANTASTIC.  I LOVED this drink.  Oh it is so refreshing.   If you like coffee, make this today!

1 heaping teaspoon instant coffee
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup skim milk
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 packet stevia or 1 tbsp. sugar (to taste)

In a cup mix coffee and water and stir until combined. Place in a shallow container, cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Once coffee is frozen, place in a blender with the milk, vanilla, stevia and cocoa powder. Blend until combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment