Monday, July 23, 2012

#624: Avocado Chicken Salad


So I've been told I have to make this recipe from my sister and some friends.  I'll admit, although I love all of the ingredients listed in this recipe, I don't know if I would have tried it had they not persuaded me.  But since avocados are in season and I LOVE them, I figured I'd give it a try.  Besides, I love the blog that this recipe comes from so I knew it had to be at least OK!

Okay this recipe is not pretty (as you can tell from the photo above) but I really, really, really liked it.  In fact, I am eagerly anticipating my lunch for tomorrow already.  Unfortunately this recipe does not have ingredient amounts listed so you pretty much make it all to taste.  But that could also be a good thing if you add more of things you like and less of things you don't like as much.  (I liked it all). 

The recipe suggests serving it in/on a pita (which we happened to have on hand for pita pizzas (we make them a lot here!), but otherwise I think this would be delicious on a croissant, any bread, or even sandwich thins (which is probably what I'll use next time). 

chicken, cooked and shredded (I used a large can of canned chicken)
avocado (I used a little more than 1/2 of an avocado)
mayo, just a little (I used about 1 tsp)
green onion, sliced (I used 1 green onion sliced)
cilantro (I used about 2 tbsp chopped)
lime juice to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp)
salt/pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment