Thursday, July 26, 2012

#633: Homemade Ranch Dressing


Here is a SUPER easy, 3 ingredient homemade ranch recipe I found on Pinterest posted on a friend's board.  My girls love ranch salad dressing and eat it with a lot of their veggies (especially Chloe).  So when I saw this had only 255 calories and 1.75 grams of fat for the entire jar, I was excited to try it.

The only differences I made to the recipe was that I used Kroger brand Greek yogurt and skim milk.  So ultimately I made it healthier (w/the milk) however I think that also made it a thinner/watery consistency.  Doesn't make a difference in the taste in my opinion though.  It doesn't exactly taste like a bottle of ranch dressing, but it still is quite good.  Plus, since it's thinner, it spreads easily over lettuce and veggies and I use less!


1 cup Dannon Oikos plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used generic Greek yogurt)
1 packet hidden valley ranch (dressing, not dip)
1/2 cup 1% milk (I used skim)

Whisk together in bowl and chill for 1 hour before serving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment