Friday, July 6, 2012

#596: Motivation Beans


I found this recipe on this blog, but decided to change it up a little bit to fit my family's taste (and personally to try to make it taste better, even if it is a little less healthy).  This recipe got fairly good reviews, although it seems like the olives were the downfall in this dish.  Personally I liked the olives but it definitely gives it a distinct taste and I probably would omit them next time anyways.   

1 red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
salt to taste
4 tsp of dried herbs
(I used about 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning)

1 tsp chili powder (I used about 1/4 tsp)
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 can of butter beans, drained and rinsed (I used 2 cans butter, 1 can cannellini)
small can sliced olives
8 oz of water
1 massive handful of spinach
1/2 lb chopped, cooked bacon


Fry the bacon, onion and garlic.  Once softened, add the remaining ingredients except for the spinach.  Once the beans exterior have started to brown off, and the mixture is very hot, add the spinach.  When the spinach has wilted, the beans are ready. If it is all a bit dry, add a bit more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment