Monday, July 16, 2012

#616: Grilled Pepperoni Pizza Sandwiches


When I saw this recipe, I thought it was going to be made on the grill.  I figured my pizza-loving family would be all over this recipe.  Then I started making it and realized it was more like grilled cheese...and I started to get nervous that my non-grilled cheese eating husband would NOT eat this for dinner. 

Not only was I proven wrong, he (we) not only ate it he (we) loved it!  Allison even wanted to save a piece for tomorrow to see if it could be a lunch box meal for Kindergarten! 


This would also be a great snack/appetizer if you made them using small bread slices.

Not the healthiest thing we've eaten lately, but it sure was good!

4 slices Italian bread
2 tablespoons marinara sauce
16 slices pepperoni
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Spread bread slices with marinara sauce; layer two slices with pepperoni and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Combine butter and garlic powder. Spread over outsides of sandwiches.

In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment