Tuesday, July 24, 2012

#626: Summer Sangria

I think my pitcher was a little to big....don't you think?!


Normally I don't bring wine to book club because I'd rather use it as an excuse to try a new recipe, but I had a bottle of Be.Wines from my recent Bzzkit and I figured it would be the perfect group of people to try this out on. 

I used the Be.Fresh Chardonnay for this recipe (btw: I found my Be.Wines at Jewel and it was about $10 a bottle).  I am not a huge chardonnay fan and when I drank this just by itself it tasted like any other chardonnay (in my opinion) and I wasn't a super huge fan.  Not that the wine was bad, it was just not my favorite kind of wines to drink.  (Next time I'll be trying the Be. Flirty Pink Moscato!)  But this wine went perfectly with this sangria recipe. 

As far as the overall sangria recipes goes, I LOVED it.  Granted I added more Fresca to cut down on the alcohol taste, but it was soooooo good.  I will definitely, definitely make this recipe again. 



1 bottle of white wine (I used Be.Fresh from Be.Wines)
3 cans of Fresca (I used about 2/3 of a 2 liter bottle)
Fresh fruit (I used grapes, sliced peaches and halved strawberries)



No comments:

Post a Comment