Sunday, July 22, 2012

#621: Lasagna Cupcakes


I had something very similar to these at a recipe swap a few months ago at a friend's house.  I decided my family would probably like them too since we love lasagna in this house!  I was not wrong!  These are fantastic, easy to put together and best of all, can be frozen and reheated!  One batch made 24 muffins which is enough for 2 meals for us plus a few leftover for lunches.  So good!  And if you don't like meat, just leave it out...it would still be delicious!

1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 jar (25.5 oz) pasta sauce (any variety)
1/2 lb frozen Italian sausage-style soy-protein crumbles (yeah right...I used 1 lb ground turkey)                              
36 round pot sticker wrappers (I couldn't find round so I used square wonton wrappers)                                          
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. (I put a little bit of sauce in the bottom so they wouldn't stick).  In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg. In another small bowl, mix pasta sauce and soy-protein crumbles (or in my case, cooked ground turkey).

Place 1 round wrapper in bottom of each muffin cup; top each with 1 heaping tablespoon pasta sauce mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with pasta sauce mixture. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese.  (I did wonton wrapper, cheese mixture, pasta meat sauce, wonton wrapper, meat sauce, mozzarella).

Spray large sheet of foil with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over pan. Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment