Monday, July 9, 2012

#609: Peanut Butter and Banana Crescents


I made these tonight for the girls to eat for lunch this week.  It was super, super easy to prepare and requires very minimal ingredients.  My kids don't like nuts/seeds, so I omitted the sunflower seeds and egg. 

I tried this right out of the oven, nice and warm with the peanut butter still runny.  That was fantastic.  FANTASTIC.  I loved it.  Then I tried the other half of one after it had been in the fridge for several hours (which is how the girls will eat it for lunch).  That too is yummy...not as good as when it's still warm, but pretty darn close in my opinion!

1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 medium banana, sliced (1 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon roasted salted sunflower nuts or sesame seed

Separate or cut dough into 4 long rectangles (if using crescent rolls, press perforations to seal). Cut each rectangle in half; press into 3 1/2-inch squares.

Spoon peanut butter in center of each square; top with 2-3 banana slices. Fold dough over filling; press edges with fork to seal. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sunflower nuts.

Bake at 375°F 12 to 16 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment