Saturday, July 14, 2012

#611: Lemon Crepes


I found this recipe from Anonia Lofaso (Top Chef contestant) in a recent issue of Parents Magazine.  She had several good looking recipes that I wanted to try out on the girls.  I figured I would make this one day when Brian wasn't going to be home for dinner. 

Unfortunately I was the only one who enjoyed this, and I am not a huge fan of crepes.  Without the lemon glaze this would have been very plain tasting. 

Personally I won't make this again.  If you like crepes though this is a nice recipe because you just throw everything together in a blender.  So easy to make!


1 c whole milk (I used skim)
3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of cinnamon
Cooking spray
3/4 c powdered sugar
2-3 lemons quartered (I used lemon juice)

In a blender combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon on top of the liquid ingredients. Cover and blend for 25 to 30 seconds or until just incorporated, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.

Coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter in the hot skillet and swirl to make a thin even layer. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. (The wetness will dissipate and the crepe will resemble a very soft pancake.)

Fold the crepe in half, then fold in half again; transfer to a plate. Sprinkle generously with about 1 tablespoon powdered sugar; set aside. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve each crepe with a lemon quarter for squeezing (the lemon juice creates a lemony icing as it mixes with the powdered sugar).

No comments:

Post a Comment